Under limited supervision, responsible for preparation of moderate to complex accounting and financial analysis for multiple companies in a healthcare, construction and property management environment. Prepare journal entries, general ledger reconciliations and financial statements for all entities of the agency and analytical reports pertaining to the agency’s finances, programs and budgets. Prepare audit schedules and interact with auditors for multiple companies. Assist finance staff with questions and help them understand how their functions relate to the general ledgers of the various entities. The position requires adherence to GAAP and application of accounting principles, advanced analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or CPA preferred. Three to five (5) years of accountant experience which includes financial analysis experience. Excellent communication skills. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and general ledger software. Experience in financial analysis and report development. Experience in all aspects of accounting, including general ledger, financial reporting, audits.
We offer a competitive wage that includes shift differential and bilingual differential pay for some positions, as well as the below generous benefit packet for full-time employees.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance.
- Flexible spending Accounts
- Health savings account with employer contribution.
- 403b retirement account
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5000 per year (accessible after first 90 days of employment).
- Allowance added to pay to supplement additional benefits in the amount of – 2% of salary the first year and increasing every 2 years.
- 15 days of PTO in the first 2 years, increasing by an additional 5 days every two years.
- 10 paid holidays.
- Short-term & Long-term Disability.
- Bereavement Leave
- Prepare journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, trial balances, financial statements, budgets and other reports for multiple entities of La Frontera Arizona.
- Audit differences between the property management software and the general ledger to ensure accuracy of the financial data. Interact with the property management and finance staff regarding changes needed. Suggest methods for efficiencies/accuracy/internal controls between the systems. Provide training to staff for input of MRI system as directed.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements of multiple entities of La Frontera Arizona. Analyze actual to budget variances. Review financial statements prepared by other accountants as directed.
- Assist with the planning and preparation of the annual budgets of multiple companies. Responsibilities include
- forecasting of the revenues and expenses,
- development and maintenance of complex allocation models utilizing budget software,
- collect and compile operating and department expense budgets,
- preparation of capital budgets,
- cash flow projections
- prepare executive summaries.
- Provide training to Accountants and other finance staff in understanding and streamlining their functions as directed. Prepare procedures documenting various accountant/system processes.
- Prepare schedules for the annual audit and tax returns for various La Frontera companies. Interact directly with auditors and staff as needed. Review draft audited financial statements and entries for content accuracy.
- Compute and analyze revenue and electronic payment reports. Compare to contracts for various La Frontera entities. Perform subsequent analysis as required for executive management decision making.
- Prepare various reports during the housing construction process and the conversion to operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Provide ad hoc analytical support. Projects are assigned as needs arise and will be of varying degrees of complexity.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to operate personal computer and telephonic communications equipment
- Ability to read the screen of a personal computer monitor
- Ability to read handwritten and printed documents and records
- Ability to perform analysis of information
- Ability to move around an office environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm