Child And Family Specialist
Designs and implements an individual day treatment program within preschool and home settings for emotionally and behaviorally handicapped children; provides individual, family, and group counseling.
Training and Experience
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to an Associate of Arts degree in child development or a related field and one year experience in a preschool setting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a caring and therapeutic relationship with children.
2. Ability to work effectively on a multi-disciplinary team.
3. Knowledge of normal child development.
4. Knowledge of the variables contributing to mental health and mental illness in children.
5. Skill in counseling individuals, families, and groups.
6. Ability to develop and implement appropriate preschool programs.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to participate in play activities with children.
9. Ability to work effectively with emotionally disturbed children and their families.
10. Knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
Other Potential Requirements
Availability to work evening hours
TB test, physical exam & proof of immunizations
Job Seekers make sure to use Chrome as your Internet browser, any other software will not allow you to complete an online application. If you experience technical difficulties with our recruiting site, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (520) 838-5535 with specific technical error information.